RVAsec is the first Richmond, Virginia, security convention to bring top speakers to the mid-atlantic region. The conference will be held on Thursday, June 5th and Friday June 6th at the Commonwealth Ballroom at VCU’s University Commons. Training classes will be held on Wednesday, June 4th.
What to expect at RVAsec:
- Awesome Keynotes by David Kennedy and Gene Fishel
- Great speakers with great topics! Check out the schedule!
- Free Parking
- Breakfast, lunch, coffee & snack breaks
- Amazing badge from Hack.RVA (if you registered in time!)
- RVAsec bag stuffed with swag
- Capture The Flag event on Friday!
- RVAsec t-shirt
- Post-con reception sponsored by TruShield, with adult beverages (and more food) on Friday
- After party on Thursday sponsored by Rapid7, LogRhythm and FishNet Security
Details for RVAsec:
Virginia Commonwealth University Campus
University Student Commons, 2nd floor
907 Floyd Avenue, Richmond, VA 23284
Main Street Parking Deck
801 West Main Street, Richmond, VA 23284
Parking: Parking will be provided in the Main Street Parking Deck (across from The Landmark–can also enter via Cherry Street). Enter via the attendant gate, and if you see the “lot full” sign explain that you are here for RVAsec and that spaces have been reserved. Take a ticket–an exit pass will be given to you at registration.
Walking To Student Commons from Main Street Parking Deck: If entering from Main Street, walk through the deck and exit out of the Cherry Street side. Turn left onto Cherry Street & go to the corner/stoplight–the Student Commons is diagonal across this intersection (directly behind The Landmark). Cross the street and enter via the back entrance, then proceed straight past the food court (on right) and take stairs/elevator to 2nd floor, turn right & through double-doors. If entering through main door of Student Commons, proceed upstairs to registration.
Map centered on parking deck & Student Commons: https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.546076,-77.45268&spn=0.004006,0.005579&t=h&z=18&lci=weather
The conference is two full days, which includes breakfast & lunch, breaks and after event activities. Breakfast and check-in start at 8 AM with the first talks at 9 AM each day.
– Parking deck and the building both open at 7:30 AM
– VCU guest Wifi will be available